Monday, January 18, 2010

3/52


kaleidoscope eye(s), originally uploaded by avalilly.

The third week image of my 52 weeks project. Everything looked really weird after this photoshoot, since I spent most of it looking at multiples of my camera through the gem.

I'm really enjoying how wonderful the 50mm lens is for portrait photography (the bokeh is AMAZING), although I've discovered it's not necessarily the best all purpose lens if you happen to be in a small room. It takes great lowlight photos, but I really do love the wide angle capabilities of my 18-55. I know it's just a kit lens, but there's a lot more freedom for me with on-set photos and gallery shots if I can just adjust the zoom on the fly with the lens rather than run back or forward to get the shot.

Speaking of galleries, I'm in a show this week with a new piece. I'll upload that very soon with more info, once I get the photos all ready to go.

Check back soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment