Monday, January 4, 2010

the beginning 1/52


the beginning, originally uploaded by avalilly.

Hello everyone! Happy New Year to you~

So I made the impulsive decision to start a 52 weeks project as a new year's resolution. I really don't feel I'm ready to commit to the 365 project, where you do a portrait everyday for a year, so I'll just be doing one per week instead. It's not unreasonable for me, plus I have a lot of ideas I'd like to try anyways, so this should be a good thing!

The image above is my first of the series. Click it to follow the link to my Flickr and there'll be more info there.

2010 brings some new funsies I'll be able to try out on the photography front: I bought myself a new lens! I got the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 (would have rathered the f1.4, but it was too expensive, unfortunately). Very excited to try that out with portraits. My uncle also got me an Opteka 5-in-1 reflector! I may actually start needing an assistant of sorts.

Anywho, I'm hoping this project will unfold nicely and I learn lots along the way. We'll see if I'm actually able to keep up with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment