Monday, January 18, 2010

24 hour workshop

Over this past weekend I participated in a 24 hour workshop organized by the Visual Arts Student Association. Essentially, participants would start, finish, and then hang their work in the Special Projects Gallery in under 24 hours. We are displaying our work all this week (January 18-22), the gallery is in the Goldfarb Center for Fine Arts at York University next to the Curry's.

Facelift (Laura Crowell 2010) 22"x30" conte on paper
(I'm not 100% done with this, but it'll do for now.)

These two drawings were done by Michelle Mackinnon. I believe they're 6'x3.5'. I can't believe she finished the one on the right in less than 24 hours. Amazing!

A paper sculpture by Billy Garland.

Print media!

Awesome mixed media work by Diana VanderMeulen.


Unfortunately, I don't have the names of all the artists. I'll try and get them and then update this later on, but go check out the show and find out for yourself in the mean time!

No comments:

Post a Comment