Friday, September 17, 2010

website

Hello all,

So I've been looking to make somewhat of a portfolio website for a while now. I took a new media course in my second year of university that gave me a decent grasp of html, xhtml, and css... but not enough to feel comfortable coding an entire site or having someone else code it for me. I wanted to be able to update it easily whenever I wanted. I ended up coming across this one called 4ormat that's pretty nicely set up. It's still in beta, so it's a bit buggy in the user interface, but from what I can tell, the website is fine.

http://lauracrowell.4ormat.com/

I don't have my own domain name yet, but once I figure out how to do that, I think I can drop the 4ormat from my url. I've got 9 more invites to the site, if you happen to be interested in trying it out just let me know and I'll send you over an invite code.

Anyways, please let me know what you think. There's still a lot more content I'd like to put on it eventually, but I have to wait until they up the image caps. Everyone's on the basic plan until the beta is finished I think.

That's all for now. :)

5 comments:

  1. thank you, sass! I was dying to use yellow as much as possible, but unfortunately it was a bit too much as a background colour. I quite like it as the link colour though. I guess less is more considering the images should be the main focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grey background is nice and simple. I'd seen most of the images, but I really enjoyed the before and after section--highlights your skill, I think.

    Can't wait to see it expanded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the site, very clean and well planned, it really lets the work (which is amazing!) speak for itself, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Awsome photos! Clean layout :) I will definitely check out your website. Check out my photoblog if you have time:)

    http://t-m-eyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone! you make me smile. :)

    I've contacted the site developers and it looks like I may be able to upgrade my account early. excitement! I was worried I wouldn't have room for my fine art stuff on the site if I had to stay at the 100 image cap.

    ReplyDelete