Tuesday, November 16, 2010

RMGexposed

Saturday, November 13th was the evening of the RMGexposed event at the Robert McLaughlin Gallery. I had been working for the previous twelve hours, so I wasn't very much feeling the spirit of mingling and meeting new people. I just sort of made my way around the exhibition and took some quick photos of the set up and the crowd.

I loved their installation in the lobby. They had these giant balloons strung up and had photographs from their permanent collection randomly projected on to them.




This is my print that I donated for the silent auction after being a selected finalist in the juried competition. I didn't realize the starting bid would be $75, but then I noticed the first bid on mine was $110!! I was so surprised, but it felt pretty awesome! I should inquire to see how much it ended up going for.


Overall, I was quite impressed with the gallery and the turn out. There were SO MANY people who attended. I had no idea such a lovely place existed in downtown Oshawa, but I'm glad I know now. I'll have to go back more often.

Also, this awesome store donated a bunch of furniture for a lounge set up. I believe it was called Brush Strokes. They had some really nice stuff out. I took a photo of this lamp at the reception desk because I aspire to own it someday, I just need to track it down:


How cool is that? It's a cityscape on the metal face of the lamp. If you look at it from above, the shape of the lamp shade is: (). So fun. Definitely going to have to make a trip to that store and hopefully not have to cry about how much I can't afford beautiful things.

'Til next time~

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I was looking at your blog and I like it. I want to invite you to become my blog friend, and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    What do you think?

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete