Wednesday, November 10, 2010

can anyone recommend me some new camera gear?

My dslr is going to be 2 years old on Dec. 26. Last year I bought it a 50mm lens to keep it company. I was thinking maybe a new friend might be nice.

Unlike last year, I’m really not sure what I want to try though. I was thinking of looking around for maybe a nice flash, since lighting equipment seems a bit frivolous at this point considering I don’t have a definite space I shoot in. The Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash seems pretty radtacular, albeit a slight bit pricey for my poor ass…

Aside from my 18-55mm and 50mm I’ve only tried a couple 70-200mm lenses and I don't feel that I’d need them for my own work. I only use them for action/sports photography at work and it’s not really my thing personal work wise.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I’d put them on my christmas list, but I know it’s not something the fam would go for, and I like to work towards/make my own big purchases myself. Plus it’ll give me something to research! =D

Thanks pals~

3 comments:

  1. Lenses can get soooo expensive! I wish I was more in tune with photography to advise you =(.

    As a response to your comment, I do want to put a lot of dreamy sequences in there! I could get away without explaining why spooky shit is happening if it's all like a subconscious type of thing. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Sian said, lenses are crazy expensive.
    I'm relatively new to the photography thing, so still learning different lenses and such. One that I personally love though, is the fish-eye lens. (though, those are also a pretty penny)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sian - no worries, sometimes people happen to have one that's like HEY YOU MUST OWN THIS, otherwise I don't even know what to try out. I might look into the 24-70, but I don't hate my 18-55 like everyone else seems to. blahhhhh! gogo dream sequences. they're the best!

    kiersten - that is true! thankfully I've never been terribly interested in them. I believe you can buy a fish eye adapter to fit ontop of another lens that is much more affordable. it does the trick, but obviously not the same quality. something to look into anyways!

    ReplyDelete