Tuesday, April 14, 2009

janieta eyre

I'm in a digital photography course this semester and we're heading in on the third project now. The theme this time around is to shoot a series of images in a sort of homage to a contemporary Canadian photographer. We were given a list of names to choose from and I searched out a few and came across the work of Janieta Eyre. She's got a really interesting body of work that you can check out on her website:

http://www.janietaeyre.com/index2.htm

I especially love her Incarnations series. The dual self portrait will be what I try to explore in this third project. 'Tis a shame my friend moved out of her apartment. It would have been perfect to shoot in, but I've found a way to make my own place work, so I'll be working on that all weekend! Hopefully it won't be too awkward doing a bunch of portraits of myself around the house.

Super excited for it though! I hope I can translate my ideas well enough into photos. They look so good in my head. :(

Check back soon for the results of this shoot! I'll try and post them as soon as I'm done editting~

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...it seems rather gimmicky to me. "Look, it's me! Twice! In a funny costume! With a droll expression on my face! Every once in awhile I thrown in some nudity for shock value!"

    Despite that, though, I have no doubt that yours will be beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's moreso my strange fascination with fashion photography that makes me really like her work. it's not really art, but there's just something that draws me to it - magazines beating it into my skull to want to look at it, I suppose.

    it's probably also that it'll be so easy to capture her style. I just need more than one of me, a jar with a dead baby image in it somewhere and anything else whacky and I've succeeded haha.

    ReplyDelete