Monday, April 20, 2009

results


So these are a couple of the results of my Janieta Eyre inspired photo project. I didn't get nearly as many good shots as I wanted, as it's super awkward to model for yourself. I had to get a roommate to operate the shutter for me, since I don't have a remote yet. The first one doesn't work as well for her style as I had hoped. I might need to make it black and white to do so, but the ridiculous dresses are my favourite part so I'd like to keep them in all their glorious colourfulness.


The second one I feel works well for her style. I wish I had a better idea of what the frame looked like though, I wanted the stuff on the wall to stand out. Ah well, 'twas a good learning experience; both photography and planning-wise. I'll have to remember not to rely too much on other people unfortunately. I couldn't do this project on my own without a remote and the people who were supposed to help me bailed. Thank god my roommate was home to help though!

I may still try a few more if I have time. I think I'll be printing the second image to be handed in though. It works the best and all the me's are in focus, which is always nice haha. Now all I have to do is figure out how to talk about the original photographer for 10 minutes. Always fun being a student, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. The second one is much stronger artistically.

    I really like that you've got two of her pictures on the block. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tasha! there's a third one hiding behind the left figure's leg too.

    for my printed version I moved that figure over a bit more to the left to create more negative space between my head and the bra/dress on the wall. the wonders of photoshop.

    I'm thinking of editting the red one more too. it's unfortunate, but the pink dress figure is far too out of focus to save, so I might make her more transparent to echo the idea of spectre photography that Janieta Eyre explores in some of her portraits. that girl is kinda fucked up... but that's beside the point.

    I've got a lot more ideas I want to try just for fun. multiple figures of the same person are kind of fun. though it can get old...

    ah well, fun project over all I think. :D

    ReplyDelete