Saturday, October 23, 2010

25/52


warmer climate, originally uploaded by avalilly.
Alexander McQueen designed a gorgeous monarch butterfly inspired dress for inclusion in his 2011 spring/summer collection. When I say inspired by, I mean it's entirely comprised of monarch butterfly wing patterns. It's awesome.

Thus, I had this terrible urge to own feather monarch butterflies. They're a little more cooperative than the real kind. I've actually been meaning to find some for various other reasons as well, but I guess that was just a good kick to go out and get them. It's strange how reminders show up like that.

They'll be a fun prop to play with for now until I get around to making something out of them.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely image. Love how you made the butterflies with the same color pallet.

    ReplyDelete