Monday, March 23, 2009

material goods

The other day I got bored and decided it was time for a trip to Yorkdale and the general Orfus Road area near by (awesome outlet stores, holla). As I was passing by the Blacks Photography store near the subway entrance of the mall, I noticed they had a spring sale sign in their window and figured I'd go in and see if any cool lenses were on for less.

I didn't find any good sale lenses, but I found myself a lovely Soligor T170 heavy duty tripod for $29.99! It was marked down from $80, so I was quite happy about my discovery.

Afterwards, I ventured over to Fabricland on Orfus Road and found some amazingly cheap fabric for backdrops ($2/meter!), so I am now fairly well equipped for doing headshots and portrait type things. I picked up a nice light grey/off-white and a good deep/dark grey. Can't wait to try them out!

I'm going to meet up with a girl I met through Frosh Week soon to set something up. She's trying to raise money for her Up With People (http://www.upwithpeople.org/) trip, so I offered to do headshots for people and the money collected can go towards her fundraising. This way, I'll get some experience and she'll have more funds for her trip. Everybody wins!

I imagine I should probably get my business card printed soon. May indeed come in handy! Just need to find a place that'll do it for cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment