Wednesday, February 2, 2011

abby and the old barley mill

So I just realized I never actually uploaded the rest of the photos from this shoot to this blog. They've been on Flickr for a while, so if you follow that you may have already seen them. They're also now on my Facebook Page!

time, originally uploaded by avalilly.


lean, originally uploaded by avalilly.


weightless, originally uploaded by avalilly.


glow, originally uploaded by avalilly.

The levitation image (weightless) is probably my favourite photo to date involving Photoshop to achieve the desired image. It features two different photos to make up Abby's body, one for the gallery space, and two more to create the left, foremost pillar. I'll have to do a full before and after with the in between steps to fully explain it, but I'm happy with the results, so I hope it looks good!

You'll be seeing more of this lady in the future as she's hired me for her business portraits and aerial straps photos (which I shot last night with my new red backdrop!). I'll post more about those in future.

I may upload more photos to this post in the future. There's still a couple images that I want to work on from this shoot, so whenever they get done I'll just add them to the end of this post. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job with the levitation image :)

    I've always wondered how people do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your use of lighting, very nice, plus the levitation image is very cool. The setting you put her in is great, what type of building is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the title of the entry suggests, it's an old barley mill. It now serves as a Visual Arts Centre for the community with a gallery and space for a variety of classes. This is on the third floor in the newly renovated space. It still has the original pillars and support beams, but it has a new floor and windows. It's a very interesting space, especially for shooting in!

    ReplyDelete